Here’s just a summary of what we'll cover:
• What's involved in being a top class advertising copywriter
• What makes good copy
• Why originality and variety are so important
• How to approach the writing process
• The writing mindset
• Understanding marketing/advertising strategies and what to focus on
• The brand is king
• Understanding the media and audience landscapes
• Identifying and writing for your audience
• Holding audience attention
• Motivating audiences + calls to action
• Tone of voice
• Identifying or creating the USP (Unique Selling Point)
• Great techniques to develop
• Keeping a 'bottom drawer'
• Dealing with writer's block!
• Sources of inspiration
• How ideas trigger ideas
• Practical examples
• Writing for websites
• SEO (Search Engine Optimisation) ~ what you really need to know
• Writing for TV, Video, Radio
• The power of characters, voices, humour, branding.
• Writing for Social Media
• Summary of 'The Golden Rules'
• Workshop, summary and discussion
Although the course is focused on Advertising Copywriting, you'll find the techniques, tips and
practical advice covered apply to virtually every medium, whether you end up writing the next bestseller or a blockbuster movie. That's why my previous course attendees come from such a broad spectrum of writing media.
The fee for attendance on the full-day course is just £125 (and no VAT).
It's a very small investment to make compared to the fantastic rewards and lifestyle it can
lead to. Book your place today!
Courses are held in excellent training rooms in London and Gloucester. However, for group bookings of three or more, courses can be held on your own premises if preferred, with travel costs added.
Courses are held regularly, usually on a Tuesday or Thursday, but dates can be tailored to suit group
bookings. For further details about future dates please email me via firstname.lastname@example.org
Previous course attendees include:
ITV “This Morning” writing teams, BBC Vision writers, individuals already working in advertising or wishing to enter the industry, sixth forms and undergraduate careers seminars, would-be authors (one of whom has gone on to write a bestseller) and local book groups.
About Nick Pease:
Nick began his career at Unilever Export trying to re-colonise the world armed only with tubs of
Stork and packets of Surf. He then moved over to the dark side to work at some of the most
creative, successful advertising agencies in London such as McCann-Erickson, TBWA, Publicis and
The Creative Business. Over the years Nick has worked in every market sector and in every
medium, including the direct marketing, B2B and digital arenas. He combines a sharp strategic
mind and rebellious creativity with an acceptance that we’re all mad and just need to make the best
of it. For the last 18 years Nick has worked as one of the advertising industry’s top freelance
copywriters. Nick’s client experience reads like a Who’s Who of top brands and includes Barclays,
BBC, BP Oil, Cancer Research UK, Emirates, FremantleMedia, Guinness, ITV, Johnnie Walker,
Kraft Foods, Land Rover, Lombard, L’Oreal, NEXT, The Ritz Hotel, RNLI, Royal Academy of
Arts, SAAB, Singapore Airlines & Tourist Board and Talk Talk, to name but a few. Nick feels it’s
time to share the wealth of his experience and expertise with others before the number 14 bus
finally gets him.